Monday 11 August 2008

Well that's about it for tonight... also cleaned bellhousing, removed and cleaned release arm and both bushes.. left a few parts in part washer overnight.. but it's over for the Jizer .. at least I know how many cleans it can do... I guess about 100, a lot heavily soiled..




Cleaned up.. the vanes and the cylinder are quite scored....


Didnt really want to get into this...clock is ticking... Vacumn unit... felt quite stiff compared to the 150K spare one... decided to take a look...


Ebay £0.50 pence for this new valeo clutch !

postage £49.50 mind you! ;)



Old clutch.... friction plate not too bad.. release bearing was no longer 'square' on the diaphragm.. assuming some of leaves were warped... can't work out what effect it would have had.. too late at night.. possibly contributing to the snatch during a fast get away ;) , then a stall....

night's are drawing in already..




Shim-time.....


(hundreths of a mm)

wanted :

_I_E_ E_ I_ I_ E_E_I_
15 30 30 15 15 30 30 15

have :
07 45 48 05 05 38 33 09

exhausts have all opened, inlets closed...

awaiting a micrometer now ;(((

No comments: